Saturday, August 22, 2015

Bad Home Depot. Bad..

I've been gradually upgrading my tools, to the new green Ryobi gear, with mostly success.. Although, the orbital sander had begun making some hideously concerning noises, lately.. And after only a month! It's terribly jittery and really rough..  Weird..

Now, I have had nothing buy success with my Ryobi tools.. So, let's chalk it up to a bad build, or something.. I dunno. Either way, it's still new, and I really like it! Because it's still so new, I could easily just exchange it, for an identical model, right?... Right?

No such luck, kid.. Here's a local place, in town, where you can get it fixed, though.

Wait... What? 30 day return policy on power tools.. But, I am late, by a week? Ouch.. Way to leave me stranded with a busted tool, Home Depot. Thank you, very much.. I didn't say anything, or make a fuss. Just got the managers name, and said thank you.. So unhelpful. It's still under warranty!

At least I am not building anything right now.. Or I would be seriously be out of luck!.. Or, I guess I could just buy a new one.. Put the old one in the box, and return it.. 

They'll never know!

Okay.. I'll do things the ligit way.. I have a support ticket in, on the ryobi site. My 37 day old sander, likely qualifies, for the 2 year warranty.. And if it doesn't... I am buying a bloody Dewalt.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment