Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Vacation

I am back to being optimistic about my hobby. We went for a quick little vacation, in Port Stanley. Holy crap. It was so nice, and relaxing..

The place was a fun little spot, right on the beach, called The Beach Hotel.. Or, more visibly known as, The Buccaneer. Which was the name of the restaurant. We got this weird package, called the "Romantic couples" or something squishy, like that.. A little pricey.. But, it was one of those "all inclusive" deals.

The inclusive steak was deliciously under-cooked, at dinner. Although, my wife wasn't entirely pleased with the amount of blood.. I certainly was. Luckily, the liquor and pie made up for her disappointment. As it always should.

It felt good, eating a really satisfying meal, and walking off, knowing the bill is covered. The super friendly waitress surely liked our generous appreciation. I don't even mind that she forgot my coffee.. Yes, I was drinking coffee.. I don't consume alcohol. I am a good boy! ;) 

There were only a dozen rooms, at most, in the hotel.. Most of which had minimal luxury.. And that's pretty much exactly what we wanted. That's not to say it was a hole in the ground. By no means. The bed was very comfortable, with no bed bugs! The shower was nice.. I was a little bummed out about the lack of coffee maker, though. At least we had a little fridge! Of, and the TV may have had cable, I dunno.. We brought a few dvds.. And our portable dvd player.. Which is good, because, the dvd player in the room had no remote.. :(

All in all.. Great little spot. Right on the beach! Sand blowing right up against the door to our room. I loved it. I am going to check it out again, for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment